Time: 45 minutes + 1 hour cooling | Servings: 8 | Rating: ★★☆☆☆
For the Crust
- 100 g butter
- 100 g granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 100 g rye flour
- 100 g all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of cardamom
For the Filling
- 250 g fresh blueberries
- 250 g sour cream
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly butter a 10″ tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Cream together 100 grams of butter and 100 grams of granulated sugar until fluffy and light.
- Add in 1 large egg and mix.
- Stir in 100 grams of rye flour, 100 grams of all purpose flour, pinch of cardamom, and 1 teaspoon of baking powder just until combined into a pliable ball.
- Turn the soft dough into your greased tart pan and use your hands to spread it into an even layer across the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
- Prick the bottom with a fork and bake the empty crust for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- While your crust bakes, in a bowl whisk together 250 grams of sour cream, 1 large egg, ¼ cup of granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, and ¼ teaspoon of cardamom. The filling will have a thin, pourable consistency.
- Spread 250 grams of fresh blueberries evenly across the par-baked crust. Carefully pour the filling over and around the berries and spread gently with a spatula until the crust is filled evenly.
- Carefully return to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the filling around the edges is set. The center should not look like uncooked liquid, but neither too dry and firm.
- Remove from the oven and cool at room temperature for at least 40 minutes. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream. Enjoy!