Time: 15 minutes + 45 minutes resting | Servings: 12 pancakes | Rating: ★★☆☆☆
For the Maasa
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 cups oat flour
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- First, add boiling water to 1/2 cup milk. Then add in the sugar and yeast. Set aside for a few minutes until frothy.
- Next, whisk together oat flour, brown rice flour, and baking powder.
- Now, combine the yeasty milk mixture with the flour mixture. Add the remaining 1 1/2 cups milk, a little at a time. Now, let the batter sit in a cozy, warm spot, covered, for about 30-45 minutes.
- Heat ⅛” of oil in a pan until hot, then fry the maasa by the spoonful until golden brown. Turn once.
- Drain the maasa on paper towels and dust with a heavy coating of powdered sugar. Enjoy!