Coconut Ice Cream
Trinidad and Tobago 🇹🇹
Time: 15 minutes + overnight | Servings: 8 servings| Rating: ★★★★☆
For the Ice Cream
- ¾ cup sweetened flake coconut
- ¾ cup unsweetened flake coconut
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoon coconut extract
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put ¾ cup unsweetened flake coconut on a baking sheet. Bake for 6 minutes or until toasted.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla, 14 oz sweetened condensed milk, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1 cup coconut cream on low speed until combined. Increase speed to medium-high and continue to beat until the whisk leaves trails and you have soft peaks and a billowy mixture. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In the bowl of the stand mixer, beat 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Scoop the whipped cream into the bowl with the coconut base, then gently fold the two cream mixtures, the toasted coconut, and ¾ cup sweetened flake coconut together being sure not to deflate the cream.
- Transfer to a freezer safe dish. Cover and freeze for at least 6 hours. Enjoy!