Time: 30 minutes | Servings: 24 | Rating: ★★★★★
For the Dough
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
For the Cinnamon Sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons cinnamon
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add 1 cup of water, 6 tablespoons butter, and 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar. Bring to a boil, then add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Turn off the heat and add 1 cup of all-purpose flour and 1 teaspoon of kosher salt. Stir with a wooden spoon until thickened, about 30 seconds, then let the mixture cool for 10 minutes.
- While waiting for the dough to cool, combine 1 cup of granulated sugar and 4 tablespoons of cinnamon. Set aside.
- To the cooled mixture, using a hand mixer, beat in 2 eggs, one at a time, until combined. Transfer mixture to a piping bag fitted with a large open star tip.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add enough oil to come halfway up the sides and heat to 375°F. Holding the piping bag a few inches above the oil, carefully pipe churros into 6″ long ropes. Use kitchen scissors, cut off the dough from the piping bag.
- Fry until golden, 2 to 3 minutes, turning as necessary. Fry 3 to 4 churros at a time and let oil come back to 375°F before each batch. Remove churros with a slotted spoon or tongs and immediately roll churros in cinnamon sugar, then place on a cooling rack. Enjoy!